Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence
Survivor Support: 754-0110, 1-800-927-0197
Sexual Assault Check List
- React Early - fight for your life, strike eyes, throat, and groin. Pull your attacker's hair.
- Yell "Fire"! to draw attention to yourself.
- Run Away to a place where there are other people.
- Call the Police.
- Preserve Evidence - do not wash your clothes, shower, douche, or clean the area where the crime was committed.
- Nine out of ten women who are sexually assaulted know the suspect.
- Statistically, you are better off fighting back. You are less likely to be seriously injured and it is more likely that the rape will not be completed if you fight strongly.
- One in four women attending college will be sexually assaulted typically during their first year at school when they are unsure of themselves in the new social environment.